Receive instant alerts when news about your stocks is available. Claim your 1-week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, April 7, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Valley National Bancorp (NASDAQ: VLY), Valley National Bank’s holding company, released Catalyst for Change, the Bank’s 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report which underscores the Bank’s commitment to help build stronger communities and advance its mission of promoting social and economic justice. To view the full report, click here or visit www.valley.com/CSR2020.
Here are some highlights of our community support in 2020:
- $ 3.6 million in total charitable donations
- $ 575,000 allocated through 14 food banks and pantries across their geographic footprint
- $ 2.5 + million invested in COVID-19 related funds that support ITM organizations and businesses
- ~ 13,000 businesses assisted with Paycheck Protection Program loans totaling $ 2.3 billion in financing
- Development of Community engagement CD resulting in more $ 2 million in support of 264 organizations across NY / NJ / FL / AL
- 2 136 small business loans in low to moderate income areas
- Led Path to home ownership webinar program to educate clients
- Widened valley Women in business program
- Hired a Director of diversity and launched the Valley Associate Resource Group (ARG) program to foster an inclusive culture
“For Valley, 2020 has been a defining moment in our history, as we have lived up to our goal and demonstrated the positive impact that a bank can have on local communities,” said Bernadette Mueller, vice president executive and head of RSE-ARC. “Advocating for our communities and providing them with the support they need to thrive is not only our responsibility, it defines our purpose as an organization. The events of the past year; a global pandemic, economic turmoil, political divide, and social and racial injustice – all have challenged us to come together as a society and organization to address these issues.
As local communities begin to recover from the effects of a global pandemic, Valley continues to expand its programs, community engagement opportunities and partnerships in 2021. Valley remains committed to its four pillars of CSR, including the promotion affordable homes, inspire innovation and entrepreneurship, stimulate economic and community development and live its commitment to impactful local leadership.
About ValleyAs the main subsidiary of Valley National Bancorp, Valley National Bank is a regional bank with approximately $ 41 billion in assets. Valley is committed to empowering people and businesses to succeed. Valley operates many convenient branches across New Jersey, New York, Florida and Alabama, and is committed to providing the most convenient service, the latest innovations, and an experienced and knowledgeable team dedicated to serving customer needs. . Helping communities grow and prosper is at the heart of Valley’s corporate citizenship philosophy. To learn more about Valley, visit www.valley.com or call our customer service center at 800-522-4100.
Source: National Bank of the Valley